1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sansui G3000 and G3500, is there a lot of difference between the two?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Chevy_Monsenhor, May 13, 2016.

1. Chevy_Monsenhor

Chevy_Monsenhor Auditioning

Felipe Fagundes
    Hey guys, i'm new here in the forum and i'm just starting to get involved with proper audio equipment.
    I've been looking around the online classifieds, trying to find a good classic receiver to start my build.
    A seller got these two models, the Sansui G3000 and the Sansui G3500, the first costs R$1200 and the second is R$1300.
    I don't know if the info on the Hifiengine database is correct, because the two have the same info, same power and everything, what differs, a bit, is the size and speaker load impedance.
    I ask this because the G3000 is in a slightly better shape, more conserved, and i'm very interested in acquiring this model.
    Thanks since!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

You can probably get an informed response on a forum like Audiokarma, which specializes in vintage equipment.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Message #3 of 3 May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member

Charles Smith
    If we're suggesting other forums, VinylEngine is also great for this, and it's a friendly place.

There are several great names in vintage stereo receivers. Sansui, Pioneer and Marantz are three very popular ones. Do get advice on one suited to your specific needs, and make sure it's in great shape. There's a LOT to choose from.