What's new

"Sanford & Son" and "The Jeffersons" first season coming in August? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Fred's insults of Rollo were the best!

I'm actually (pleasantly) surprised that Sanford and Son is making it to DVD. What's next: CPO Sharkey?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dave, looks like there were 6 seasons and 135 episodes. There was a spin-off called "The Sanford Arms" that probably didn't last a month, and then another spin-off called "Sanford" that had 26 episodes. I have no information at all about the short-lived "Grady."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
While we're at it, any idea if What's Happening!! is controlled by Columbia? Would love that show as well, and at only 3 seasons, it'd be highly doable.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
HA HA HA HA!!! "I want my daddy's DVD's!" Good one. Columbia House has had Sanford and Son available on DVD for a few months now as part of their TV series club. I picked up a bunch of the Sanford and Son VHS tapes this way a few years back but would gladly replace them with the upcoming DVD's. One of the funniest shows ever IMO!

"Aunt Esther...you are so ugly I could press your face in cookie dough and make gorilla cookies!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:)
I love that episode. Blind Mellow Jelly!
I don't remember the episode, but one of the funniest thing I ever saw came from Sanford and Son. It's when Fred accidentally grabs LaWanda's wig off her head. I believe it was totally unplanned, but left in because it was so damn funny. That was one of two times my jaw has literally dropped open while watching a sitcom. The other time was also from Sanford and Son. That was the episode where another man claims to be Lamont's father. Esther hears the news and says . . . let me spoiler this, because it will come off as mildly racist (at least, coming from me):
"What did you say, n----r?"
It was so shocking to hear that, my jaw dropped. I then laughed so hard I could hardly breathe. :)
If anybody is offended by that, let me know and I'll remove it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can't find either of these shows for preorder on Amazon.

And I certainly hope that Columbia TriStar intend to finish what they start and release all episodes of whatever television series they release.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm just afraid the studios are going to overwhelm the marketplace with all these box sets, then point to poor initial sales to kill subsequent sets. They're sort of pricey, and I'd like them all, but I can only buy so many at once.
Currently, I'm buying "Star Trek TNG," "All in the Family," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "The Simpsons," "Friends," "The X-Files" and "Twin Peaks." I haven't got the financial resources to buy much more (though I will find some way to buy the "South Park" season sets when they come out, and "Angel" IF it comes out). It just dawned on me the other day that I've actually committed about $700 to buying all seven seasons of ST:TNG alone. Yikes! :eek:
Some will have to be back-burnered and "Jeffersons" and "Sanford and Son" are on that list right now. It doesn't mean I don't want them, Columbia, I just won't be buying on release. I just hope they all stay in print long enough for my finances to catch up. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't find either of these shows for preorder on Amazon.
Matthew, these are brand-new listings without full specs yet, not even SRP's. Naturally a retailer/e-tailer won't list them without price info.
But keep an eye on TVShowsOnDVD for more info:
The Jeffersons
Sanford & Son
Site users who voted for these series to be released on DVD and asked for update info got their e-mails this morning! :)
In the meantime, Friends Season 2 is coming on 9/3 for an SRP of $69.98...no other details yet. That much will be posted to TVShowsOnDVD shortly. Another new listing is for "Scooby-Doo Meets Batman"...seriously! Cover art should be coming there soon. :D

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
"Esther, why don't you start by helping us out in the kitchen. You can start by sticking your face in the freezer and making us some uglysicles."

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
David, you just ruined my good mood. Think about it; two seasons of Friends come out within five months of each other, but shows I DO want on DVD have long intervals between seasons. I hope these discs sell really well so that vintage TV has a chance on DVD.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Actually, David, DVDFile posted a $39.99 MSRP today for each set. Kind of steep for 2-disc sets, so it may not be accurate but it probably is since that's what they charged for All in the Family, with the same number of episodes.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Actually, David, DVDFile posted a $39.99 MSRP today for each set. Kind of steep for 2-disc sets, so it may not be accurate but it probably is since that's what they charged for All in the Family, with the same number of episodes.
It would be great to be able to snag Sanford for $19.95...as Circuit City was selling All in the Family for this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks