What's new

"Sanford & Son" and "The Jeffersons" first season coming in August? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This according to DVD Shrine:

"The Jeffersons / Sanford & Son

MUST SEE DVD: Columbia will release a 2-disc set of the entire first seasons of both The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son on August 6th. More soon."

Has anyone heard of anything else about this?

I would love to have Sanford & Son.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I wouldn't mind have having either one of these fine series. I am much more partial to the Jeffersons though. I think that they did some fine work the first season in building the chacaters up.

It would also be nice to see them unedited and restored to their correct times.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how long the first season of either show is, but a 2 disc set seems kind of small for either, much less both. Of course it may just be poor grammar that's confusing me.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well John, Sanford & Son season 1 has 14 episodes, (perhaps 7 episodes per disc) and The Jeffersons season 1 has 13 episodes (six on one disc, seven on the other). Either way, they are on my pre-order list.

Now when is All in the Family: Season 2 coming?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Weren't they both shows that served as mid-season replacements? That could be why the seasons were so small.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
OH, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I'm always happy for you guys when you get TV shows you love on DVD, but I'm usually personally left out in the cold. Not this time, baby! I've been begging for Sanford and Son! OH, WHAT A GRAND DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :D :)
BTW, I like the Jeffersons, too. Who would have ever thought one day I'd be owning an entire season on any format? Hehe.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They were mid-season replacements. Therefore, a small amount of episodes for their respective first seasons. Later seasons were full-length.

I hope Columbia/TriStar release more than one season per year, or it'll take 11 years to collect all the seasons of The Jeffersons.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll defintely buy the Jeffersons.

I love the show, and get a kick everytime Florence and George are fighting and making fun of each other.

Blu

Screenwriter
With the popularity of TV shows on DVD now pretty much exploding it seems like coupled with the way Paramount has released ST:TNG all in one year I think that companies will look at accelerating season set releases. Who knows, maybe someday they will put out two seasons on the same release day! That might really get the DVD dollar focused onto one show at a time!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Even thought I am not that big of fan of either show. I am glad they are coming out. It is good for dvd and for future tv on dvd product. What irks me is that we still cannot get other non-comedy shows from these companies, ie-Battlestar Galactica, Miami Vice, Equalizer or even a little show called Babylon 5. I hope this all changes.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
Sanford and Son will find a home in my collection, no problem. Was never really a Jeffersons fan, so I'll ignore that one for now.

But what about some of the true classics of comedy? Why not a few episodes of Your Show Of Shows? Some of the old Friar's Club Roasts? F-Troop?

I'd shell out for those in a hurry, let me tell you...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely going to pick up Sanford & Son. Fred Sanford, the man with "the legs like parenthesis".

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Choose from three ways to re-live the excitement of the Rock and Soul revolution. Watch the biggest music stars of the '60s -- from the Supremes to the Four Tops to the Beatles -- perform their greatest hits live on the Ed Sullivan Show. Now on VHS or DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks