What's new

Sanford Arms (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Big "Sanford And Son" fan. I also watched the sequel series "Sanford" without Lamont.

I have never seen the attempted continuation "Sanford Arms." I've read that eight episodes were produced, but only four aired.

Apparently six of the episodes (including two that never aired) are out there in the wild and I found a reference that says the last two unaired shows are unaccounted for. I know "Grady" was released with one episode missing, but the missing one is "out there" as well.

The two missing "Sanford Arms" are supposedly the last two produced. Can anyone verify if this is true? Is it possible that they never got as far as taping those two episodes before the series was cancelled?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The 6 which are out there no doubt come from CTV Throwback in Canada, which has those 6 episodes. Whether or not the other 2 very ever finished and edited is unknown. I did record a few of them when they ran as part of the Sanford package on BET back in the late 80s. I'll have to pull those out and see if the missing two are among the ones I recorded.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
The 6 which are out there no doubt come from CTV Throwback in Canada, which has those 6 episodes. Whether or not the other 2 very ever finished and edited is unknown. I did record a few of them when they ran as part of the Sanford package on BET back in the late 80s. I'll have to pull those out and see if the missing two are among the ones I recorded.
Thanks, Neil! They are described as "HD quality and uncut." I know "HD quality" is impossible for a show shot on videotape, but we'll see. One description said the other two episodes were "lost" and therefore not in Sony's "vault." I certainly take that with a grain of salt. Also, apparently the missing Christmas episode of "Grady" is "out there" as well.

At any rate, having 6 out of 8 produced is still better than the four that made it to air. Well, maybe I should rephrase that, it's "more," even if it might not be "better." (I have yet to see the show other than a brief clip and I'm interested in it as a completist.)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I am unable to find Sanford Arms on CTV Throwback though I'm sure it was there a few weeks ago. Sanford is still there so I'm not sure why they would pull this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks