Sanford and Son season 2 edited scene

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Robert Cruz, May 15, 2005.

1. Robert Cruz

Robert Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Edited Scene from "Blood is Thicker Than Junk"

It pisses me off that Sony/Columbia removed this hilarious scene on the DVD, and yet TV Land has the scene in tact. Sony definitely cannot use the ol' "scene was damaged, so we had to remove it" excuse. If that was the case, they could've obtained a syndicated print of the episode, obtain the scene, and edit it back in the original print. But since Sony/Columbia = full of shit, we'll have to settle for what they give us. I capped the scene anyway. It's 24.8 MB, and 2:39 in length. I had taped the episode from TV Land a while back, so quality is not exactly the best, but it's still pretty good. It's on RapidShare, so left click on the link, click on free, wait a while, and then download from there.

Discuss, enjoy...whatever. [​IMG]

2. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

What's the scene that was cut and how much is actually missing? I'm not going to risk downloading anything from that German website.

3. Robert Cruz

Robert Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Relax...I wouldn't use anything that isn't safe. I've uploaded there numerous times, and have downloaded from there even moreso than uploading. I've yet to experience a problem.

The 2:39 video clip IS what's missing from the DVD (aside from a couple of seconds during the beginning and end of the clip...so that you have an idea of where it falls).

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I heard about this cut around the time the second season was released, and haven't bought a single Sanford release past season 1 because of it. Well, also because Sanford's always on now, but that was another reason. Over time, I've almost relented and bought the set anyway. That's a pretty big chunk of missing footage, so I don't know.

BTW, I was trying to place the actor playing Norman. Magnum pi's TC! Cool.

5. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I remember reading about the cut a couple of years ago, but since I loved the show, I was willing to overlook it and bought the set anyway. I had no idea that an entire scene was missing though until now. I assumed it was only a few seconds or so that was cut. There's definitely no excuse for that.

6. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

I don't need to download something that I've already seen on TV years ago. If it's just a few seconds that's no big deal although it doesn't make sense why it was cut....whatever it was.