What's new

San Francisco's Metreon - Which theater is digital? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I want to see AOTC at the Metreon, but only on their digital video theater. Does anyone know how I determine which thater that is and what movie times are showing it?

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the great advice. If I could get through to them I would not have asked for help here. I'm not interested in driving an hour just to ask. And why do you challenge my wanting to see it in digital?

Obviously you have seen it in digital yourself or you claim is baseless. Hence at one point you had the desire to see it in digital as well.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Obviously you have seen it in digital yourself or you claim is baseless. Hence at one point you had the desire to see it in digital as well.
Or, it was just the next show available.

Yeah, I've seen both. The difference between 35mm and DLP is stunning; I just can't understand why someone would want to seek out the inferior presentation other than curiosity.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I saw the DLP showing in Theater 15 last Saturday at the Metreon. I haven't seen the film version yet so I have no way of comparing. I thought the DLP version looked absolutely gorgeous.
I found the movie times for the digital version through the same site Nate posted a link to. Here's a direct link to the Metreon showtimes. Just be sure to pick the date you plan to go so you can be sure to get the right times.
I'm interested to know why Jason feels the digital version is inferior.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Never mind Jason. I just read your comments in the Digital Cinema on 35mm thread.
I noticed that you mentioned you sat in the 3rd row. I, on the other hand, was seated about 5 rows from the back so I was a fair distance from the screen. That may be why I didn't notice the "pixelation" or jaggies problem you noticed.
Also, have you thought that perhaps your presentation may have been shown using an inferior DLP projector?
I did, however, notice one instance of jaggies, but it was during the Matrix: Reloaded trailer and only on the text. It really stood out to me, even from the "100th row." But I specifically looked for it on all the other trailers and closing credits and didn't see it. So it may have only been in the source for the Matrix trailer and not an artifact of DLP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks