What's new

San Andreas X-Box 2nd edition further edited? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I know that the Hot Coffee sex mini-game was removed but were there even more edits done? I notice when you pick up a hooker that most of them do not have dialog in the car (after you park) as in the PS2 version....this isn't a big selling point for me but if this is the case then what else was removed in the second edition?
Or has the X-Box version always had this difference...I notice that there are not nearly as many characters spawning around the body shops as there were in the PS2 version (thus eliminating the little quick cash & guns trick you can use at the body shops).

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I guess no one has noticed this.....in fact I have noticed a few things missing on the Xbox, such as during thunderstorms there is no loud audio thunder on the Xbox like there is on the PS2, there are flashes of lightning but no thunder YET if I engage the stormy weather button cheat the thunder sounds....odd. Also for some reason none of the photo's I take are saving to the gallery...:confused:

Does anyone know if the XBox version has always had these differences?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Unfortunantely, I've noticed these differences as well. A buddy of mine has the original version for the PS2 and I have the "2nd Edition" for the XBox (as a "Platinum Hits" title). I have a feeling that everything you've mentioned (sans the thunder) was a result of "Hot Coffee".

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The reason I ask is that I am planning on buying the original version off of Ebay but if the only differences are the Hot Coffee content and the prostitutes "moaning" (sorry, that's the only way I can describe it), but anyway if those are the only differences between the second and first edition on the XBox then I am fine with that & can save my money.

Oh, by the way, I found another trick you can use to get quick guns & ammo (and a little money) all you have to do is get a wanted level of two stars or more and park your vehicle under a bridge in the dry water canal in front of the body shop in idlewood.....cops & Ballas will start to drop off the bridge and from there on in it is like shooting fish in a barrel, once you think the heat is too much just quickly drive your vehicle up the canal into the body shop.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

"Moaning" is the only way to describe it ;)

My buddy who has the original version for his PS2 said he has noticed a few edited songs on my 2nd edition XBox version (or at least he claims they're edited). Truth be told, I'm pretty sure the music hasn't changed at all.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Nah, I was playing it just the other day and most of the song's on the soundtrack still drop the F-bomb all over the place, so I doubt that they edited that....hell, to be honest I'm not sure if the other content I mentioned was edited from the first Xbox release or not....for all I know it has been like that from the beginning on the Box.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ok.....I borrowed a 1st edition Xbox San Andreas from a coworker and I'll be damned if all of the changes I mentioned aren't on that version as well....all except for the thunder sound thing, the sound in the storms is working properly on the 1st version, but the missing...um.."dialog" from the prostitutes isn't on the first edition either, the lack of spawning characters in certain areas is there as well (on the both the ps2 versions characters spawn almost everywhere & the ladies of the night are quite...vocal...;) ).

Oh well, if that's the only differences in gameplay then I'll stick with the second edition.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad I didn't bid on a 1st Edition XBox version on E-Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks