Samurai Jack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Standley, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I love this cartoon. I think it is one the most creative cartoons out there. Didnt see much in the lines of Samurai jack threads so I thought I would start one. Post your thoughts on episodes. Or the cartoon in general.

2. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Well, I would say this show has really started to grow on me. My main complaint would be that it's too episodic, but that's how most american cartoons seem to be. I liked last weeks episode with the Roman type army quite a bit. I thought the episode with the guys who were hunting him was pretty good too. Fortunately, they have been able to keep the episodes fairly unique, so it hasn't felt like the same thing all over again. I got a kick out of the episode where he was learning how to super jump and the episode with the foul-smelling dragon was fairly amusing.

In general, I find the art style to be pretty interesting and unique, but sometimes the action sequences are too drawn out and get a bit mindlessly dull. I felt the original movie/premier was especially guilty of this.

3. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

The last episode with the roman type guys was really cool. My favorite episode is with the scottsman though. That was really funny.