What's new

Samurai Jack season 2 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Has anyone picked this set up yet? I went to get it and could not find it here in town. I am going online to purchase this set right now. I cant wait to see it. How are the features this time around? This is still one of my favorite shows on cartoon network.
Gendy is a mad genius with this and the Star Wars series.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered my copy at Suncoast and it was there on release day but there were no copies on the shelf. Last year, when volume 1 came out, they sold out in the first day. I think shops have been under-estimating the demand for this title.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't tell you what extras are included.

I eagerly await Mr. Tartakovsky's ASTRO BOY feature film!!!

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
YES! I found it in town today and didnt have to go online and wait for it. I am now sitting down to watch it. Doesnt look like theres much in the special features section though. Thats too bad, I would like to see the magic behind the show, more interviews with cast and creator also.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The special features arent bad for what is there. There is a 21 minute little feature about the life of Genndy that is narrated by Mako that is really good I thought.

I had no idea this set was hitting til I saw a contest on the bits for it. I had to run out and snatch this up, as it has my favorite episode ever. Episode XVII, Jack vs the Super Robots. That is the damn coolest one ever, especially the final part with the samurai robot and Jack's robot arm breaks. "Unbelieveable!"

But does anyone know when a certain episod aired? It was Jack going through a graveyard, then all these zombies start popping up, then after cutting through most of them Aku appears and they fight for the rest of the show. It ends with Aku getting a hold of Jack's sword and trying to kill him with it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I know what episode you are talking about but Im not sure when it aired or what is was called. I will look into it. I have a few more episode from season 3 on my PC.

The life of Gendy story was really good, I hope they do some more stuff like that on the coming season sets.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Does Samurai Jack even air new episodes anymore ? My son watches Cartoon Network pretty much all the time , and its either ed edd and eddy or Billy and Mandy or Kids next door or some animae crap ( Please dont take offence i just dont like animae, and they run as much animae now as they used to run Scooby doo back in the day.....too much !!! ) Me personally , I want season sets of Courage the cowardly dog ...I miss that show.

I'll pick up this set too , when i have a lull in my DVD buying :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Sean,

That's episode XXX (Jack and the Zombies) and originally aired on Oct 25, 2002. '02... has it really been that long??

This is one of my favorite episodes from the series. The fight choreography was just fantastic and the color tones were perfect.

Rumor is that we'll see the next season on DVD sometime near the end of the year. I don't have a lot of faith in that but I'm hopeful.

Chris S.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
2002!??? WOW! I didnt know the show was that old. WOWZERS!

But if it is episode XXX, then it is not that far off then. That was one of the cooler ones. But it will never top XVII

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I know. I was surprised by the date too. It must have been marked wrong. That epsiode can't be that old.... can it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks