What's new

Samurai Jack (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was just curious if anyone bought these? What's the quality like? At 26 bucks Canadian it's hard to say no too that. Also, does this come with the pilot or is that a secondary purchase?
Thanks

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
The "pilot" or "movie" is nothing more than the first 3 episodes of the series, so it's on there. I Can't really comment on the quality of the set as I'm not a fan and didn't buy it.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
The quality is good, but unlike the pilot episode disc released earlier, the sound isn't 5.1 Dolby Digital. If you have viewed the show on TV, you won't be disappointed
with this season 1 set.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah..so its a kiddies cartoon show, but its a bloody good one!!
Anyone know if any more season sets of this brilliant show are coming out?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just too add another question but I heard that only 3 seasons where made for this show. Is that true? ONly complaint I had about the first season was no 5.1 sound.
Thanks

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I don't see what's kiddy about it, actually. Sure, kids can watch, but the show is full of stuff only older viewers will recognise and appreciate.

Can't wait for the rest!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
There were 52 episodes of SAMURAI JACK.

1st season: 20 episodes
2nd season: 20 episodes
3rd season: 12 episodes (including 4 unaired - although TV Tome now reports they were aired yesterday! :eek: )

52/13=4 sets, although they don't correspond to the seasons as broadcast. I've always heard that the release of future sets depends on the sales of the first set. For what it's worth, my local video shop sold out on the first day.

Chad,

As far as I'm aware, the show was produced in stereo and broadcast in stereo. There is really no reason for the discs to contain anything more than the original stereo soundtrack.

Martin,

I beg your pardon? I'm 32 and I love this show! :)

Eric F

Screenwriter
SJ won an Emmy this year for Outstanding Animated Episode.

Love the show- best American animated show in over a decade.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

According to the episode guide at www.tvtome.com the final episode was called

JACK AND THE BABY

and features the following synposis:

"Jack finds a stray baby and desperately searches for its mother."

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I am a 56 year old "kiddie". My wife (54) and I have watched SJ since it first came out, and are rewatching the first season DVD for the second time.

We usually watch it on Saturday morning during breakfast. There's something about watching cartoons on Saturday morning I have never outgrown.......

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Wow! I checked out CN expecting to find Justice League Unlimited, and they were airing new Jacks. I watched the end of 50, 51, and 52. Was the baby episode truly the last Jack :frowning:

A great, great series. I eagerly await further episodes on DVD!

News???

Take care,
Chuck

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Any news on Season 2? I eagerly await further releases of this fine show.

EDIT: Perhaps to tie in with the DVD release of Clone Wars this coming spring?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Dave. I knew I could count on you. :) I happened to miss your posting from August but this is good news, no matter what month it is. :D I'm also pleased to hear about HI HI PUFFY AMI YUMI. I don't care for the character designs, but Puffy's music (derived from the Japanese hipster music known as Shibuya-Kei) is truly the bee's knees.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Gord and Dave have posted the official announcement for Season 2 on their site. May 24 for $30 SRP.

Strange how Warner's breakdown of episodes for the Seasons differ from TV Tome's in the quote above. I can see how the 1st Season ends with Episode XIII because the next episode did not air until a full three months later.

Looking at Warner's "Season 2" episode list, it ends at the 6th episode, Episode XXVI which aired on Oct. 11, '02. The next episode (presumably the 1st ep for the Season 3 DVD) aired the next week on Oct. 18, '02.

That leaves 26 episodes left for the entire show. Could Warner possibly split up those episodes to make TWO more DVD releases? Or will Season 3 on DVD contain all remaining episodes (concluding with "Jack and the Baby")? Or is this Mr. Tartakovsky's wish?
-

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Keith, I was thinking about precisely that stuff while posting the news this morning. I think that Warner decided to do 4 sets of 12 eps each. Just my own opinion, though, nothing to back it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks