What's new

samsung's artifacts? (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
is it a natural flaw of a flat tube crt tv to have artifacts while watching normal cable tv or does the tv need to be calibreated? The brand new Samsung tv bought in my house has alot more artifacts and honestly does not have as good a pitcure as our old mitsubishi. We have not gotten the HDTV service yet so I guess we will have to wait and see if thats any better but I doubt it will be. Any help would be great.

John S

Senior HTF Member
A lot of experimenting would be needed to find the best combo on any HDTV setup for watching old NTSC brodcast stuff. Some sets seem to be better than others on it period. HDTV's sure do reveal every NTSC / Week signal artifact there is.

I usually go through every possibility on it, and usually find a decent way to view it. With digital cable for example, often times, letting the Hi-Fi VCR tune the weekest signals via non-digital, then outputting it to the HDTV helps. But I have not found any sort of consistancy on what is best, just experimentation of all possibilities.

Best of luck, post back if you find a better combo for viewing than you are currently using.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks