Samsung WS HDTV picture is off center.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinGB, Mar 6, 2003.

1. KevinGB

KevinGB Auditioning

I looked in the menu and there is no option for horozontal or vertical settings. Only tilt and color stuff. I found out yesterday that my set was a sears only model so it was not covered under the Samsung warranty. I am not sure if Sears will cover it either because I don't have an extended warranty with them for this tv. Any ideas?

2. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Ugh. What's the problem...is the entire image off center regardless of source imput and zoom mode? If everything is equally off-center it might be possible to open up the unit and adjust the angle of the optics to line them up properly with the screen.

If just some things are off and others not...then it's more tricky. Do you notice this with DVD? If you've got the panny rp91 DVD player then *it* is responsible for the off-set 4x3 image, not the TV.

3. KevinGB

KevinGB Auditioning

ok well I finally found my way to the service menu but I have not changed much. It is off to the left when I watch tv, play games in 4:3, even dvds that are not in widescreen (its like a mix between wide and panscan) such as Death to smoochy or Robin williams live on broadway, etc. But movies like LOTR and others that are in widescreen display correctly and so do games on my xbox since I have the xbox set to widescreen. what settings do I need to do to fix this in the service menu.