Samsung Widescreen TV's ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RockyZ, Mar 18, 2002.

1. RockyZ

RockyZ Auditioning

Thinking about getting the Samsung HCL5515WX, which is a 55" widescreen tv. Anyone have it or something similar from samsung? Thanks for your help and replies.

2. NathanS

NathanS Agent

I've got the HCL4715W, and I love it. The Samsungs are a great value.

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Yea, I have the 65" tantus and its cool the picture is good. In the store samsung tv's always look the best to me , but I dont know how it compares to other models when they've all been calibrated. Only thing I dont like about the samsung widescreens is that I dont think the protective screen comes off. I cant get it off , and I saw nothing in the manual referencing it , and it only has one memory picture setting. I'd preferr to have a memory setting for each input. If I had it to do over again I would get a tv that does that. But on a budget it is difenately THE best buy.

4. Neal

Neal Auditioning

I am looking at the same Samsung 55". I have a BIG question !!! How do you fit a large center channel on top of this TV ??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR RESPONSES

5. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Well on top of my tv there is plenty of room my center is pretty big , and theres space for it to be bigger. I dont think the 55" would be too much different.

6. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

I have the direct view TSL3294 and couldnt be happier with their quality so far. I know many that are happy with their Samsung RPTv's.

7. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Samsung is getting some excellent reviews with their HD ready sets....great value and price..I have been impressed with the ones I have see..Good luck with your set...

8. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Well, I bought a Sammy 54" 3:4 NON-HDTV a couple of months ago, and am very pleased with its value/performance. I'm probably going to have it professionally calibrated next month.

9. Neal

Neal Auditioning

I am looking at the HCL5515Wx. The design of the tv has it that the housing for the screen is only about 3-4 inches thick then it slopes down and gets wider at the base. I have the Polk cs450 which is a large center channel and I was wondering how it would fit on top of this tv ??

10. RockyZ

RockyZ Auditioning

Thanks for your replies. I bought the samsung HCL652W, HDTV 65" widescreen. So far its been great. I got it from ONECALL.com and for $2093 plus shipping($386)for about $2450. It only took two days to get to my home, and has again been fantastic. If you want the similar television or different, check under the clearence at onecall.com and their prices are pretty great, and be sure to tell them Luis Zamora sent you. Thanks again.
    www.onecall.com