What's new

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Sitting one model below the top of Samsung’s lineup in terms of features and quality the UN55JS9000 is an UltraHD set with 4K resolution (2160p), and is what Samsung is now referring to as a SUHD display. The S doesn’t stand for Super or anything else specifically, but represents a flagship model for Samsung. SUHD sets feature Quantum-Dot LED technology which expands the potential color gamut of the display – less useful now, but potentially useful for HDR as that content becomes available.
Quantum-dot panels feature individual LED’s that emit blue light, and next to each blue LED are quantum dots that refract a specific color of light when hit by the light from the blue LED. As a result of this, each color is emitted in its purest form, which theoretically results in deeper and more authentic color reproduction. As a result, these are all 10-bit panels and are already loaded with firmware to handle HDR content that is now...

Continue reading...

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Great review Dave!

Having bought Samsung's 65inch HU9000 series in August 2014 I cannot stress how great the "One Connect" box concept is. Last November I bought the One Connect upgrade for my set and in addition to several upgrades like the Tizen OS, I now have HDR on my set (and I can see the difference!).

Still waiting for Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player.... my local Best Buy had 8 on release day and they sold immediately within a few hours (as of today Best Buy still doesn't know when Samsung will provide them with new players, they even checked their Florida stores for me and none are available)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks