What's new

Samsung UN55HU8550 & Xbox X HDR Help Please (1 Viewer)

Shanebigfella30

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Hello Everyone! I need help if anyone knows why my Xbox X says my Samsung 55 inch 4K UHD doesnt support HDR10 for gaming. Games wont be shown in HDR? Model for my TV is
UN55HU8550 its a smart tv, also it says your tv setup doesn't support all HDR Modes. Some content may not display in HDR. Im on the Xbox X's settings in display and sound in the advanced video settings. Im asking how do i turn it on? The option to isnt even optional. I cant click it, I went to my TV's Settings picture options i clicked HDMI UHD Color. My Xbox X is plugged into HDMI1.. Its on, I was reading on the xbox X home screen the xbox assist and read the troubleshooting 4K and HDR and its says other names for HDR10 and one is UHD Color? So if my tv says its on and my XBOX X is plugged into the HDMI1 slot why is it saying its not capable. Whats is wrong? I unplugged the cable and restarted the tv and xbox and its still wont allow me to check the ALLOW HDR BOX? Any help would be appreciated. Very much. Thanks guys. I attached photos below of what the screen shows and xbox
20171116_004530_HDR.jpg
20171116_004548_HDR.jpg
20171116_004604_HDR.jpg
20171116_005131_HDR.jpg
20171116_005256_HDR.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I am not familiar with your TV, but I do know that some TVs do not have all of their HDMI ports as HDR capable. On some models, only one or two of the available HDMI slots are 2.0a and 2.2 compliant, so you might want to be sure that the HDMI port you're using will allow HDR to be passed through. Try one of your other HDMI ports to see if they allow you to select that feature on the X Box X.

Shanebigfella30

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I am not familiar with your TV, but I do know that some TVs do not have all of their HDMI ports as HDR capable. On some models, only one or two of the available HDMI slots are 2.0a and 2.2 compliant, so you might want to be sure that the HDMI port you're using will allow HDR to be passed through. Try one of your other HDMI ports to see if they allow you to select that feature on the X Box X.
I will try. Thanks .. I dont know anything about tv's or cables or any of this. So i appreciate the help

Shanebigfella30

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I tried them all, this time though i plugged into the HDMI4 port and turned the xbox back on, and switched source's to HDMI4. At the top right of the screen said HDMI UHD Color, never seen it do that before.. But Xbox still says no and still cant check the box. The xbox help thing says other names for HDR10 is UHD Color. Idk..
20171116_070859_HDR.jpg

Shanebigfella30

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I found out why. Its a older tv. My uncle upgraded and i got the tv cheap. The picture looks amazing as is.. Im good! They have a box you can buy called SEK 3500.. Its $400, right now for me its not worth it. Thanks again for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks