What's new

Samsung TXN3098WHF (1 Viewer)

Karim_J

Auditioning
After years with a 22" Sony Trinitron (about 13 years, it's still a great TV), I am looking to improve my television set. I have been looking at the Samsung TXN3098WHF. It is within my budget of $2K in good ol'Canadian pesos.
I really liked the picture quality (I compared to my current TV and one friend has the 60" Grand Wega another the 50" Samsung skinny/light DLP thing)
Is this a good TV to go with? Any other recommendations?
Do they make a widescreen format in a bigger screen (ie 34" would be ideal for the room)?
Just to be sure (in case anyone didn't get it from above) I really know nothing about this stuff.
Any help is appreciated.
My goal is to get something within the month.

Regards,
Karim

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The 30”Samsung is a nice TV with a reasonably good picture, especially for DVD & HD. It is my impression that the internal NTSC tuner is not quite the caliber of some of the more expensive models.

Panasonic made a 30, 16:9 model for a few hundred more than the Samsung, but I have not seen it for several months.

There are several 34”, 16:9 direct-view (CRT) models available right now. I think that the newest ones will all cost over $2,000, but you can probably find something like a Sony 34KVXBR800 for under $2,000, as it is being replaced by a newer model. Panasonic and Toshiba make ones with very fine pictures, as well as the Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks