What's new

Samsung TXN2670WHF problems (1 Viewer)

AliciaBelliveau

Auditioning
I recently got a 27 inch widescreen TV, and for the most part it works great. However after using it some more, I've noticed that there are dark vertical lines that run the entire height of the screen. They only show up in very dark scenes, and they're in everything I've tried; regular tv, DVDs, video games. Also, they seem to be completely random when they show up, sometimes they're closer to one side, sometimes they're in the middle, but they're usually around two inches thick when they do appear. And the only other thing I know about them is that they're proportional to the current width of whatever I'm watching. So if I see them in a 4:3 show and I switch over to a wider show, the lines'll get wider too.

Is this something I can fix, like with different cables or something? Or is it a defect in the TV that I'll have to get replaced or just have to live with?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Stuff like that is usually electrical ground loop and/or interference. Try each source one at a time, I mean don't even have the other devices connected at all, and see if it has any bearing on it.

AliciaBelliveau

Auditioning
Sorry for bumping this, but I still have this problem. I've tried using the TV with just the TV cable, just the DVD player, or just video game consoles, and the black lines pop up no matter what I do. I really want to know if this is a problem with the setup on my end, or would it be worth it for me to return it to have it fixed or replaced.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I had a very faint shadow-type line run down the centre of my screen ( 55" samsung tantus) And I had a service tech in. He found out that it was a an occerance with my particular telivision and samsung was aware but told them to only fix it if the customer complained. Half an hour and it was fixed. I also had a problem with my screen which was replaced too.

Users who are viewing this thread