Samsung TV = Baaaaaaaaad!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Susilo, Oct 13, 2002.

1. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Bought a Samsung 16:9 directview last year. Great picture quality... then I start seeing a vertical line on the left side of the screen and a very faint vertical line in the middle of the screen.

10 months later, Samsung replaced the TV with their 42" 16:9 HDTV set. Picture's great... if it can hold the convergence. I have to do manual convergence setting at the beginning of EVERY movie I'm watching. Changing from one source to another requires another convergence setup. Changing from one squeeze mode to another requires another convergence setup again. Then the blue colour starts bleeding all over the place and the geometry on the left corners is off.

so 1 month later Samsung replaced the TV with another 42". This time, after two weeks of usage (about 100 hours), the above mentioned problem re-occur and on top of that, there is a faint vertical line in the middle of the screen.

No more Samsung for me! Wasted too much time and money for this company's junk.

Their customer service, however, is top notch.

Having a similar problem with their 29" flat-screen PC monitor. This time I won't even bother for an exchange.

Samsung = Cr@p product.

2. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

Can you explain convergence? I was planning on buying a Samsung 27" HD set. I've heard much good about them.

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

it's the alignment of the blue, red, and green guns. You should not have problem with your future TV because it's a direct-view. However, from my personal experience of Samsung's extremely bad QC, stay very far away from the brand.

Just imagine my frustration that 4 out of 4 Samsung products have (at least) one problem or another.

Samsung 19" top of the line PC monitor (Sept. 2001)
    Samsung 30" Tantus 16:9 EDTV direct-view (August 2001)
    Samsung 42" 4216 16:9 HDTV rear proj. (August 2002)
    Samsung 42" 4215 16:9 HDTV rear proj. (Septenber 2002)

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

NO problems with my TSL3294HF, 19" monitor or a 17" monitor my father owns!

5. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

Yeah. My brother owns a 17" flat screen monitor. I personally think the contrast could be better (games look better on my Phillips 19"), but my bro couldn't be happier.
    I'm sure I'll still buy the 2796 model from Best Buy. I'll be sure to get some extended plan so I'll have someone more I can complain to if I run into any problems. [​IMG]