What's new

Samsung TSN3084WHD (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm fairly sure I want to buy this TV. Unfortunately, no B&Ms around here carry it, so I can't check it out before I shell out my $900. I wanted to know if anyoen is aware of any problems with this set. The main thing is, does it lock into 16:9 mode with 480p inputs? My current TV does this and that's the main reason I'm getting rid of it. I have no desire to play all my Xbox games that support progressive stretched.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Also i was wondering if anyone had any idea what kidn of overscan I could expect. My current set is roughly 7.5%, which I find unacceptable. The life bar on Gunvalkrie is off the bottom of the screen, for instance.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Dan, I'm not sure? but I think it does. You might want to try a search on this board because I remember that someone on this forum awhile back bought this set from Best Buy & was very happy with it & if you find the thread maybe you can PM him. Best Buy has this set on their website for $899.99 with Free Shipping & they also have pictures of the set but the picture of the rear panel is wrong because when the member here got it he was surprised to find out that it does have a DVI Input on it. You might also want to try www.hometheaterspot.com or www.avsforum.com & see if they might have some info on this Samsung model. Or try Samsung & see what they have to say. 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864). While your over at AVS Forum check the thread on the new 30" Sanyo that Wal-Mart has that is getting some pretty good reviews & it also has a built in HDTV Tuner, the new HDMI Input & P-I-P & people have been testing it with the X-BOX & etc
& the price is $747.00 for the 30" & 32" models & a 27" will be out shortly but no price yet.
SANYO HT27744, HT30744, HT32744
INPUTS:
1 HDMI
2 Component
2 S-Video
2 Composite
OUTPUTS
1 Optical Digital Audio
2 Analog Audio
www.sanyo.com for the complete specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks