Samsung TS-360 DirectV HD config on 36XBR400?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by GeorgeHolland, Jul 6, 2004.

1. GeorgeHolland

Samsung TS-360 DirecTV HD configuration on 36XBR400?

Direct TV brought out a new Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver today and while I plan on hooking it up to my front projector system that currently uses an old RCA DTC100, thought I’d test it out on my Sony 36XBR400 just to see how it looked.

What are the recommended preferences?

I have connected the Samsung to the XBR400 via component (YPbPr) out to the Sony’s video 6, component (YPbPr) in. HD programming looks fine but regardless of what format options I use, I don’t get a full 4x3 image on non-HD broadcasts. Do I need to also connect S-video for Direct TV non-HD broadcasts? Which resolution setting would you use? This seems to be one way to overcome the Sony's automatic squeeze but can't be changed from the remote.

I can’t imagine it’s that difficult but I’m looking for a quick fix since I don’t plan on using the new receiver on the XBR400 for very long.

Thanks.

2. Mike_Mc

Mike_Mc Extra

There is a sliding door at the bottom of the remote (on the Sammy)--slide that open and push the "format" button until you get the size you want--"full" should do it. Hope this helps.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Discussions about a specific HD tuner/receiver should be held here in A/V Sources. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level (i.e., "I have a Sony KV-36XBR400. What do I do in order to see high-def programming?").