1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung TLS3295HF vs. TXM3296HF

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Rondeau, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Jim Rondeau

Jim Rondeau Stunt Coordinator

Hi All,

I'm planning on upgrading my dying Living Room TV and am looking at the Samsung TSL3295HF ($999 at BJs) and the TXM3296HF ($1199 at Best Buy). Could someone please help me with the differences between these two models. The only thing I've been able to find out so far is the TSL3295HF has PNP and the TXM3296HF doesn't. Do they do the anamorphic squeeze? I'm leaning towards the TSL3295HF for it's price and PNP, but wanted to see if there was anything I was missing about the TXM3296HF. Thanks!

Jim

2. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

I have the TSL3294 (same as the TSL3295)
    The TXM3296 has 2 component inputs vs. 1 on the 95.
    The 95 has a much better sound system and PNP. I really don't use either as I have SAT and a DD/DTS surround system.
    TXM is this yrs. model, other then that, their isnt all that much technical difference.
    I would go for the tsl3295 for sure and put the $200 savings into a nice progressive scan DVD player. You will love it :)

3. Jim Rondeau

Jim Rondeau Stunt Coordinator

Mikey,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed from another post you are using both a progressive scan DVD player and a X-Box with your TV. Are you using component switching through your receiver since this TV only has one component input? I plan on using it with my X-Box and an HD Cable Box (I do all my DVD watching on my Mitsubishi 65" Widescreen in my basement). Probably won't do much with the HD Box as I also have one in the basement and we only get HBO and Showtime. But when we eventually get more HD channels I'll want to be able to watch them on the Samsung. The receiver I plan on buying to use in the living room (Yamaha HTR-5550) does have component switching for 2 devices. Can HD signals pass through this component switching or must they go directly into the TV? Thanks for your help.

Jim

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Wish I had a nice 65" to go along with my 32" :)
    I used the component switching on my Pioneer VSX-d811S. Works great for my. I have no HD feed yet, but notice no difference with Prog scan going thru receiver. For XBOX, you are actually better off with a Samsung then most are. Lots of Tv's have a comp in for 480p and another for 1080i. As we all know, XBOX set up consoles is 480i, but MOst if not all (but 1) games are 480p, so all you have to do is hit the button to go back and forth between the 2 instead of pulling cables out and switching like others may have 2.

Also, anamporph squeez is done by push of button on remote on TSL3295. Since you already have the 65: rptv, the tsl3295 is a no brainer for you for sure.
    ENJOY!