What's new

Samsung Sound Help (1 Viewer)

billy393

Auditioning
Real Name
billy
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone can help me out with my sound/speaker setup for the playing of BluRays and DVD's on the Samsung HT-BD2 system which is connected to a Samsung Series 5 LCD via HDMI.

My problem is, that the effect sounds and surround sounds are awsome but the voice and speech sounds from the centre speaker is very low. It is extremely hard to work out what is being said in the movie. When i turn it up so i can hear the speech from the centre speaker the surround effects can be heard 3 houses down the road.

I have tried playing with effect settings to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

BTW the sounds from the centre speaker when playing on normal HD televison channels is very good.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Even after calibrating your speakers to refrence level you're apt to find that the dialogue gets drowned out by surround FX and music in certain scenes - because that's the effect the thearical mix has. 5.1 mixes for HD TV tend to be much less agressive than theatrical soundtracks, hence the difference you hear. So you'd still have to do what a lot of folks do, which is go into the speaker set-up and simply turn the center speaker level up a bit relative to the rest of the speakers. Personally, I'd try that first since properly calibrating the system would require a sound pressure level meter at the very least, and probably a disc like Avia or Digital Video Essentials with the proper test tones and instructions.

You might also check your manual for something like a "night" setting. My Onkyo has two "late night" settings the lower the volume on the surrounds and the subs while leaving the center speaker alone so you can watch a movie at night without the explosions keeping the kids up or annoying the neighbors. This might be a solution for you.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filmfan101
Recent bookmarks