What's new

Samsung Smart TV & Samsung Cinema system connection (1 Viewer)

JohngCook

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have a Samsung UE46F5500 Smart TV and have just purchased a Samsung HT-J5150 Surround sound cinema system. I have connected via an HDMI lead but cannot get the surround sound to play the sound from TV channels. What am I doing wrong?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
To get sound from the TV to the receiver with just an HDMI cable, both devices have to support Audio Return Channel (ARC). Your receiver does; just make sure it's turned on in the setup menu. I couldn't find a manual for your TV on Samsung's site, so you'll have to look in your hardcopy manual; but again, go into the setup menu and make sure ARC is turned on.

JohngCook

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have looked and there is no "ARC" setting on my TV Setup menu. I have also looked at the SPEC on line and it does no support ARC. However, I have now purchased and connected an optical lead but still to no avail.
I can view DVD's very well but still cannot get the TV sound through the Cinema Surround system :(
Any other ideas?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The optical should work, both devices support it. Obviously the receiver's "channel" has to set to the optical channel (not HDMI). Other than that, it's possible you have to tell the TV to use the optical in the setup menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks