Samsung SIR TS-160 problem

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by SteveMarcR, Oct 23, 2003.

1. SteveMarcR

SteveMarcR Extra

Hi guys,

I have had this DirecTV HD receiver for about 3 months now. About a week ago, the picture and audio froze, and I couldn't do anything, even shut off the power via remote or on the unit itself. All I could do is unplug it, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in. And since then, it has done it more and more frequently.

Has anyone else had this problem? I believe I have the most up to date software version, though I haven't get it plugged into a phoneline since I first installed it.

I tried contacting Samsung and I hear that it's only repaired in the Samsung repair center in NJ. And I live in CA! Does anyone know if this is true.

I'm very upset about this. Best Buy won't exchange it because it's been over 30 days, and I don't want to be without HD for unknown period of time. Any suggestions or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

From what I hear it's typical of Samsung. I've been wanting to purchase the same unit and also there DVD player, but I'm afraid to pull the trigger due to all the issues.

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I have to unplugg mine about 2 times a month anymore because of the same thing.I just got sick of the hassel so I found a new Philips reciever to replace it and the samsung is going in the bedroom.
    Eric

4. SteveMarcR

SteveMarcR Extra

Well,

The day after I first post this, the whole unit lost power, so I was forced to spend 40 bucks to pack and ship this thing back to Samsung, to be repaired under the warranty. Best Buy was no help so I'm hoping if there are units that do this often, that Samsung has knowledge and can repair it to it's proper working order.

They say a week. I'm doubtful.

Steve