Samsung SIR-T150 with Pioneer via RGB

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Booth, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter

Looking for reports of success or failure with connecting a Samsung SIR-T150 to a Pioneer HDTV via the RGB input. I know that component works OK, just wondering about using RGB.
    Anyone?
    Thanks,
    Mark

2. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Wish I could help, Mark. I have both components but no VGA cable to go between the two (since all computer monitors have cables built in these days).
    However, I can't see why it wouldn't work if component works. Also, if you get the box from a place you can return it, why not give it a shot? Returning is a pain, but not that bad.
    Another thought is calling Pioneer or Samsung.
    [Edited last by Paul Higginbottom on November 07, 2001 at 08:37 PM]

4. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter

Paul,
    Over on AVS Forum, I found one post from someone that could NOT get the combo to work via RGB. He was asking for help but his message never received a reply. I was hopeful that someone here might have had success with this combo via RGB. I know the RCA DCT-100 works via RGB with the Pionner sets. I am curious why the Samsung doesn't. Well, at least not for this one individual.
    Thanks!
    Mark

5. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

If you want to mail me a VGA cable, I'll try it for ya! Seems like a cheap way to find out. [​IMG]