What's new

Samsung reciever issue (1 Viewer)

Firebadbobb

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hello, new here.

I have a Samsung home theater system ht-x70. It's old, I know. It was given to me. It works fine, but I noticed when it's in DVD mode. It shows all speakers are working. But if I use digital for my ps4 pro, it only shows the back. I can only get the rear speakers working. Why is That? I ordered a remote but I don't know how to get all the speakers working. I have an optical cable connected from the receiver to my tv. Any help is greatly welcomed. Thank you

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Based on what you've said the problem is likely with your PS4's audio out settings but, as @Todd Erwin pointed out, it's impossible to really pinpoint the issue without knowing how everything is connected. Are you connecting the PS4 to the Samsung via optical or HDMI?

Firebadbobb

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I'm sorry it took so long. I have an optical cable going from the ps4 to receiver. My HDMI port gives a bad picture when plugged in.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd like to try and help, as others clearly do too,but there's just not enough information to even guess at an answer.

My only attempt is that the speakers are connected wrong, because there should never, ever be a situation where you get sound only from the surround channels. You can only get audio from the front, but never the back, which makes me wonder if the front channels are actually connected to the back speakers. It could be bad cable, I suppose, and it could be that the receiver is simply worn out. I just can't think of any situation that would have sound only from the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks