What's new

Samsung Pay (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
FYI, I just saw that you can get a $50 Best Buy gift card for registering and activating Samsung pay on some specific devices through the end of the year. Here is a story on it at 9to5google.com.

-Keith

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
^^^^^ That plus best buy is offering a $250 gift card for purchasing select Samsung phones. Problem is they want you to do the payment plan. I'd just as soon pay for the phone up front. I will wait and see what the black Friday deals bring.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I've been using Samsung pay for a month now, and I have to the same opinion as Matt. It works pretty much everywhere (it's when the merchant has the swipe behind the counter that stymies me). My biggest hurdle is getting cashiers to let me use it. They're so sick of fighting people with iphones trying to use Apple Pay they just assume mine is the same and insist it won't work. So I have to just tell them it's credit without opening the app and then sneak it in. I've had cashiers so focused on telling me it won't work that they don't notice the receipt printing out.

Sam just hates it because it's Samsung.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sam hates CurrenC. (He was responding to my comment on that.)

He expressed pessimism of success on this approach by Samsung but not animosity.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I read where Walmart has decided to use a clumsy QR-based payment method within their horribly designed mobile app. Those three open lanes are going to take five times as long to go through now.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Samsung Pay for me has proven just flawless. I haven't had trouble with it anywhere I've went. Lay down my phone, put down a finger. Boom, pay.

While it doesn't work on the "insert card" machines, even those aren't super common. The more I use it, the more I'm pretty impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks