What's new

Samsung owners, what date was your player made? (1 Viewer)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Hi guys & gals,

For those of you who have Samsung BD players, could you please post the date the player was manufactured (located on back of panel) and if you satisfied/unsatisfied with the player.

I'm just doing a little research here.

Thanks!
Mike

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike,
The manufacturer date on my player says the following:

2006 06

Yes, I'm happy with my player, though some of the software does have some problems that hopefully will be corrected in the future.

Crawdaddy

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson

mine is 2006/05
i have absolutely no problems with mine and i have 10 movies and more on order....my best looking movies are underworld evolution and ultra violet...they come close to my HDXA1 in PQ....

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Mine is 2006/05.

I think the player is probably ok(I'm sceptical about the Genesis chip issue), it's the software.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
i think all this chip garbage is just made up....i have nothing but good results from my Blu Ray player....SURE the movies could be mastered better but that will come with time....im a very patient man...Sony has just too many movies in there catalogue that i want for me to wait....i might consider buying the panasonic or pioneer when i see them in action and see if there better than the samsung but until then im keeping my samsung.....

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Mine is 2006/08. I just picked it up last week from my friend and I am very pleased with the player thus far. I watched Corpse Bride today and the picture and sound quality was excellent.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
08/2006. I specifically went to Best Buy so I could pick one with the new builds, instead of taking my chances online. I am very satisfied with it so far and I'm looking forward to all the new titles coming up this Holiday (specifically The Descent BD-50 :) ). I just wish there was a way to turn off the lights in the front, but it's nothing that can't be solved with a little electrical tape and a sharpie.

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Hard to tell until I get non-MPEG-2, non-25 GB disks and the Genesis chip fix. As of now, the quality has been good, but not outstanding. My HD-DVD player has a better picture, but still suffers freezing and sync-loss problems, which I have not observed on the Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks