What's new

Samsung LN32B640 / Purchased today... (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Been a while since I've posted here @ the HTF. How's everyone doing...??

Got my fiance and I an early Christmas present this morning. Went to my local Best Buy and got a Samsung LN32B640 set on sale. Been looking at it for a couple of weeks and decided on this one.

Did a search and didn't really come up with anything this specific. Not really new to HT... but I'm new to LCD sets and I'm new to the 120Hz. refresh rate. I'm specifically wondering if anyone has a set similar to this and what settings you're utilize with your Samsung set when it comes to adjusting the AUTO MOTION PLUS feature...? I currently have it set on the "SMOOTH" setting which evidently is the "MAX" setting for reducing blur/judder. I'm not certain if this is something that perhaps needs to constantly be adjusted depending upon the programming being watched. I'll apologize in advance for the newbie question.

Can anyone comment...?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Scott
great display, good choice.
Turn the option off in the menu...it will make your movies look like crap.
When viewing sports...record a bit on your DVR / PVR and then try several different settings and see which you like best.
Good luck.

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks