Samsung LCD Tweaks? Also a problem. LNR3228W

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon V, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Jon V

Jon V Auditioning

I recently got a 32" samsung LNR3228W LCD. I am really enjoying it, but I know with all mt previous TVs I was able to improve the picture dramatically with some setting and service menu changes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to dig up much info about this TV online. Does anyone have suggestions for things to change in the menu or service menus? Also, how do I calibrate colors correctly if I have lost the little films that came with my AVIA disc?

How do I set white level correctly? The AVIA contrast calibration test looks correct and good on almost any setting, there is no distortion and it just seems to be a question of how white I want white to be. Anywhere from about 55 to 100 looks fine on that screen, although I have kept it at 65 or so just on a whim.

I am looking forward to getting the max out of this display. Here are some menu options to whet your appetites:

-Dynamic Contrast on/off
    -DNie Demo on/off (although all this does it toggle a demo mode, not DNie itself??? This seems very lame. I assume this needs to be turned off?)
    -Brightness Sensor on/off
    -NR on/off

The one problem I am noticing is that in certain movies when there is a cut from a bright to a dark scene, there is a tiny delay before something "adjusts" and so it almost seems like a flicker of the brightness is going on. I am not sure if this is the dynamic contrast, or DNie as a whole. I am hoping I can fix this somehow.

Thanks for any advice about this unit or LCD TVs in general! I am used to CRTs.

2. Jon V

Jon V Auditioning

Well I've managed to figure out a lot of this stuff over at AVS forum... guess that is just a better place for display help. Mods close this I guess.