samsung htds-1000 home theater system

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by jerryomti, Oct 7, 2006.

1. jerryomti

jerryomti Auditioning

the a/v receiver part of this system is broke and out of warranty. i wanted to buy a new receiver and just use the speakers and self powered sub-woofer, until i looked at the connections on the back of the sub-woofer. it uses what samsung calls a 13 pin din cable to connect it to the a/v receiver. this is some kind of proprietary or at least rare cable. so does any one know of a 13 pin to rca or any kind of converter cable so i can use it with a regular hook-up to an a/v receiver. if not i am stuck with a receiver that does not work very well and a sub-woofer that will not work with any other receiver. the only thing i can salvage then are 4 tall speakers and one center channel speaker.
    needless to say i will never buy any system with proprietary cables again.
    to bad i did not know this before i bought it.
    thanks in advance for any help.

2. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

let me guess?

this is one of the HTIB systems with a "receiver" and the amplifier is built in to the Subwoofer?

Never buy one of those again. I work P/T at Best Buy (Magnolia Department) and whenever a customer complains about the fact that Magnolia doesn't sell any of those "cool systems with the DVD built in" I try to explain to them about stuff like that. Unfortunately, most don't listen.