What's new

Samsung HLP's are Starting to Show Up (1 Viewer)

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw the 50" HLP HD3 chip DLP on Crutchfields site. I hope this means the other Sammy DLP (Tantus) screens are going to follow soon!! I've been holding out for the HLP4674W Tantus for it seems like eternity!!

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. I just hope they make a 43" version...

I'm space limited by a built-in media niche in my cookie-cutter home. I have a niche that's 40-1/4" strong (i.e. just over 40.25") wide, and the HLN43 is 40.5" wide.

If I'm creative with inserting it into the niche and I'm willing to give up the lazy-suzan base (our current 32" Tube TV is on a pivot due to the shape of the Living room and kitchen), I could JUST fit it in.

However I've been waiting for the HLP model. But if the smallest is the 46", then I'm screwed, since then I have to drop WAAAAAY back to a much smaller TV to get it to fit in the niche.

I can't even fit some of the current crop of 36" 4:3 tube screens in the niche because all the manufacturers are putting their crappy speakers on the sides of the tubes now, making the cabinets like 6" wider...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I think they are dropping the 43" version. The 46" 2nd generation HLN467W is only 40.6" wide.

Not sure if it's wise to get a 2nd generation DLP with the newer ones coming out. Then again, if the discount is great enough ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread