1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung HLN467W Owners, Look Inside...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Doh, Sep 18, 2003.

1. John Doh

John Doh Stunt Coordinator

Can someone send me a digital photo of the top of this set. I am going to buy this set in a few months but have to decide on furniture for it first. I have read that the new 46" Sammy has an extended shelf on the top of the set where you can now place a center channel speaker. I would like to see a picture of it's shape and maybe even some accurate measurements of it. If it will support my center without looking goofy, I will buy the Sammy stand. If it isn't big enough, I'll have to find a TV stand with a place for a center. Thanks!!!

My e-mail address is jbeck15@bellsouth.net

2. John Doh

Anyone, anyone???

3. Percell

Percell Extra

Hey...
    I just bought one a month ago and yes it does have a space for a center channel. As a matter of fact I have my B&W 600 S-3 of top. I'm sorry though; I do not have a digtal camera so I cannot take a pic for you.

Good luck.

4. John Doh

Cool, thanks for the info. I tried doing a search for that center (B&W 600) and couldn't find it. I was looking to see what the dimensions were. The JBL S-Center II is 20" wide, and 9" deep. Will a center of this size fit squarly on the space given?

BTW, how do you like the 46 incher? I have been drooling over this set for a while and am about 4 months from making it mine. Would you recommend it?

5. Percell

Percell Extra

I just happen to have the specs for you!!!!The B&W 600 S3 center channel is: Height: 6.9in Width: 21.5in Depth: 12.2 in. The weight is 27.5lbs!!!!

So your center will fix. My center channel fixs with a little over hang in the back. I took the center channel that I had (before I got the sammy) and place it on top of a 46 right in the store. I wanted to make sure that I would not have any problems.

I really do love my set. I am a big playstaion fan, it the games look great on them. But the real selling point to me is when I look at Hi Def shows!!!! I was watching Monday night football last night it was so real; and so amazing.
    The best channel that they have in this area is a PBS station that carries HD. KTCS shows concerts, outdoor programs and travel spots around the country.

The sammy is light and I have not seen the 'rainbow' effect as of yet. I (like you) have been drooling over the set, but I could not wait to buy it and so far am very happy!!!

6. John Doh

Sweet, thanks for the info man! I was really concerned that the center channel shelf wouldn't be big enough. We move into our new house in 1 month, 3 months later I get my set..I'm stoked!!! Later!