samsung hdtv for second monitor with powerstrip

Discussion in 'Displays' started by gary-C, Mar 2, 2006.

1. gary-C

gary-C Auditioning

I am trying to use the DVI output on my geforce fx5500 card. The end result is not pleasing. I get massive over-underscan issues at a number of resolutions. The geforce software has an over-underscan compensation tool, but wont allow you to center the immage on the screen.
    So off to powerstrip I go. Get it installed, the monitor information recognizes the tv, but any adjustments to scanrates, ect, get made to my pc monitor, and not the tv. I have been to the entech site and read their forum, but all people with similar issues to mine have 0 responses. Dual Monitor support? cant seem to find it. I have read this forum, and all searches tell users to get powerstrip, but dont tell how to use it. I have found on line tutorials, and they talk about switching cables back and forth between the crt and the hdtv. Is it even possible for powerstrip to adjust the tv thru the dvi out and leave the monitor alone?
    The TV I have is a Samsung tx-p3071wh. using windows XP, and I have the latest drivers from nvidia.

2. gary-C

gary-C Auditioning

ok so I figured out how to get the second monitor to work. now just have to figure out proper settings to get the image centered.