What's new

Samsung HD941 Release Date? (1 Viewer)

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard mixed release dates concerning this new player from Samsung. Can anyone confirm a REAL release date? I've heard between April & June all the way up to Fall. If it's April and June I can wait, but Fall??? I definitely need a DVD for my Samsung DLP before then. Any info is appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The J&R add in this months issue of S&V magazine has this for $299 but it's not listed on their web site or Samsungs site. Has this (HD941) just been released and does anyone have it yet? Looks real good to me. I actually did a search here (really, I did) and there were only three hits, all from Feb. The 931 seemed to get good reviews. Hope this is as good.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Bummer. With up-conversion, DVD-A/SACD and the Faroudja DCDi I thought it looked pretty good for $299. Oh well. Thanks for the imput.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The reviews on this board were mixed, and my personal opinion on the 931 was that it didn't really look much better than any other decent 480P player. 1080i did have more fine detail, but I wasn't "blown away" by it. Faroudja is only available via the DVI connection on the 931. I did not test the audio on it.

I'm sure the 941 will improve on the 931, so don't count it out yet. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy had the tag up last night for it and I think they are advertising it in their fathers day ad. I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up shortly.

Mike:K

Auditioning
The 931 had a great picture through the DVI, but the biggest complaint I've seen about them (my own experience plus other threads I've read)is a audio/video sync issue where the audio seems to come about a hair before the video. It gets really irritating once you notice it. I was planning on waiting for the 941 in hopes that they would fix this issue with that model, but I can't wait so I placed an order for the Momitsu V880.

If the 941 fixes the audio sync issue, it should be a heck of a player.

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
My audio occasionally came a hair AFTER the video...

PQ is dynamite thru DVI if your display is native 720P. It is obviously a good match for Sammy DLP displays.

John

Users who are viewing this thread