Samsung HD931 and Mitsu's

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brandon Steck, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Brandon Steck

Brandon Steck Stunt Coordinator

I work at Best Buy and we put the 931 on a Mitsu 55" HD with DVI, through the Monster power center. Am I the only one that thinks this player looks worse than most 480p players? We were watching Men in Black, which I've watched many times on my 480p Toshiba, and I thought it looked horrible. LOTS of grain, snow, etc. It looked good if you were about 20 feet away, but who's gonna watch a 55" from 20 feet? I watch my Toshiba 56" from 12 feet with progressive scan and it looks much better. Is this the player, the TV, or what? In December I'm getting the Mitsubishi WS-65313 for my house and I was really looking forward to using that DVI input. I've heard mixed reviews about this player, some say it's the best thing ever, some say it absolutely sucks. I'm leaning toward the latter . . . Any other thoughts? Is anyone else coming out with a HD player anytime soon? Thanks.

Brandon

2. Robbie_L

Robbie_L Auditioning

Brandon

I just bought the hd931n last week and I have a mits ws55413. I couldnt be happier with the PQ. The BBY in my area had the dvd player set up on a panasonic LCD and they were playing T2 using the DVI out. It looked absolutely horrible.

I decided to buy the player anyways knowing I could take it back if I didnt like it.

The PQ alone is enough (for me anyways) to offset the quirks of this player. It is slow to load dvd's, the menus are slow, the ejecting is slow, in fact everything about the player is slow. The remote is horrible. But all that aside, I love watching my dvds on it. Hands down best picture I have seen on a RPTV.

Hope this helps.