Samsung HCL652W - 65"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis_Stevens, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Curtis_Stevens

Curtis_Stevens Auditioning

Has anyone ever seen this one or other Samsung HDTV's in person, or know anything about this one, quality, etc..? I went to my local BestBuy and saw the Samsung 55" one, looked liked it was as good as the Sony wide screen (picture quality). I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on Samsung, or this particular product. Is the quality as good as Sony or better? I noticed that the Toshibas, all of theirs, seem liked it had a background static, was more fuzzy or had more noise than all the others, wasn't as clear and crisp. And they are the same price range as Samsung....

I'm just afraid that this Samsung one will be like that, since it is half the price of Sony. I found it at crazyeddie.com for $2499. There shipping is like $370, so I still save lots of money, because there is no taxes. I compared their others and with the shipping, they are still cheaper than my local stores' sale prices, and you haven't included tax on those yet!

Any suggestions? My main concern is that it is only $2499 for a 65 inch! That is huge, for a cheap price. Is that the quality I'm going to get?

Curtis

2. AntonR

AntonR Auditioning

I have HCL652W 65" and it works and looks great BUT the only thing that bothers me is the GLARE/REFLECTIONS when I am watching it during the day. My problem is that I have way to many windows in my home and the sun seems to be directly aimed at my TV no matter where I put it. I am going to try what someone mention and that is to remove the Screen Protection to see if that helps, other wise I'll just have to stick with puttting sheets over all of my windows to watch TV during the daytime or else go buy some really dark curtains.

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

I have the same set(65") got it from HH Gregg for 3000 even with the 5 yr warrenty and the tv is awesome very careful taking that screen off , if I had to to it all over again I woulda left it alone , there's alot to taking off that screen.

4. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

Curtis, go to onecall.com they have the HCL652WX on clearence price for $2093.00. I bought my Tosh 50H81 from them and 8 days after I placed the order, the set was at my door. That's from Washington State to Kentucky. Very good, careful delivery service. They give you a 15 day trial period if anything is wrong with the set, they arrange for pick-up and truck it back and bring you a new one. They are very good to deal with. I had a slight geometry problem with mine and called one Onecall. They had a toshiba tech at my house the next day. They corrected the problem and even spent extra time on a full convergence.