What's new

Samsung HCL4715W ($1999CDN/$1275US). Input needed (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Between now and 7:30pm tonight I have to come up with a way to convince the love of my life that a Samsung 47" would be a nice compliment to my hometheater. This Friday thru Sunday Best Buy(Grand Opening in Canada) is selling this HDTV-RP for $1999CDN/$1275US and I want one BAD. She wants a horse. Couple of questions. To those who own this set how is it? And for those who have had to convince their signifcant other to let you buy something, what did it take.
Kevin

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
It must be something special they are doing in Canada because the cheapest price the 47" model is $1618.00 at my Best Buy. Depending on where you look this set is rated average to very good. I have seen it and for the price it can't be beat. It will require some some tweaking though to get the very best out of it.

I am currently looking at the Samsung 55" TV for $2088.

Chris

rob_stei

Auditioning
I have the hcl4715w. I purchased it from best buy a couple of months ago for about 1700 with a free progressive scan dvd player. the deal that you have going is quite a good price. All in all, I like the tv. The size was just right for my room, but what really drew me to the samsungs were their superior anti-glare screens. While no anti-glare screen is perfect, their's is much less "mirror like" than most other brands - and I just couldn't bring myself to buy a set without one. There is one thing I have to warn you about - when the screen is showing a light solid background (like white or yellow) it appears there is about a 1 inch thick veritcal line that you can barely make out down the center of the screen. I don't know if this is a reflection or what, but others have seen it as well, and I have never received any feedback on this site to what might be the cause. Other than that the remote signal isn't that strong. If you can get past those issues, I have been very pleased with the picture and quality of the set. Can anyone shed light on the bar I see on my screen?

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Hey Rob,

There is one thing I have to warn you about - when the screen is showing a light solid background (like white or yellow) it appears there is about a 1 inch thick veritcal line that you can barely make out down the center of the screen. I don't know if this is a reflection or what, but others have seen it as well, and I have never received any feedback on this site to what might be the cause.
I picked up somewhere on another forum that someone had there screen replaced and the vertical line was gone on the replacement screen. This persons TV was delivered with a small scratch and had it replaced under warrantee.

Chris

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
greetings from toronto,
a friend of mine just called me about the awsome Samsung deal!!
Before you plunk down your money you might want togo to the web site and check the specs under "max lines of resolution 1000".

i have a 2yearold Tosh 65h80 with 1600 lines which my friend Michael Chen of Michael TLV tells me only about 1200 are being used.

So a HD set with only 100 lines? I'm not sure it even qualifies.

Curiously the words High Definition don't appear on the spec sheet. There is a reference to "hd wideband input", whatever that means.

Just thought i wo;d point that out.

peter m.

rob_stei

Auditioning
Chris, Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll take it up with Samsung.

As far as the lines of resolution, from what I understand all manufactures use different specs so comparing one to another tends to be apples and oranges. This set is definately HD ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks