What's new

Samsung frame in store showrooms? (1 Viewer)

stevenvictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I have been looking to see the Samsung Frame in person (preferably in the Memphis area). I have called around, and no one seems to have it in stock or on the floor. Can anyone recommend a place that has it?

stevenvictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
What is your local area? I'm looking in both Boston and Memphis and have not found anything on display.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Personal opinion on Frame based on quick glance with my wife. Spoilered to not sway anyone who wants to window shop uninfluenced by outside views :)

My wife, who is totally cool with my HT gadgets and hobby but who also cares about aesthetics, thought ithe Frame TV on demo looked like a small TV with big bezels compared to the current super-slim bezel TVs. Even our new, mid-budget LG 49" has thinner bezels. I explained to her that the goal with the Frame series is to provide actual "art" framing to fit in with art and/or capture the aesthetic of quality framed artwork. We have custom framed artwork. She still thought the Frame was silly, and chunky looking, and if I'm buying a TV she'd rather have a slim, disappearing bezel.

So that's a long way to say: if you want this aesthetic, it's there. But if you want your electronics to good looking via minimalism, this isn't the right product.

stevenvictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I see your point. I'm not 100% sold on the design either, but I do like it for some situations, and I'm actually shopping for my in-laws, as I think they'd like it in their home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks