1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung frame in store showrooms?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by stevenvictor, Feb 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. stevenvictor

stevenvictor Auditioning

Steve
    I have been looking to see the Samsung Frame in person (preferably in the Memphis area). I have called around, and no one seems to have it in stock or on the floor. Can anyone recommend a place that has it?

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
  3. stevenvictor

stevenvictor Auditioning

Steve
    What is your local area? I'm looking in both Boston and Memphis and have not found anything on display.

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Rocket Science Department
    Supporter

Clint
    If you’re up for a six hour round trip drive from and back to Memphis, they are in stock at Best Buy in Little Rock.

stevenvictor likes this.
  5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
  6. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Personal opinion on Frame based on quick glance with my wife. Spoilered to not sway anyone who wants to window shop uninfluenced by outside views :)

My wife, who is totally cool with my HT gadgets and hobby but who also cares about aesthetics, thought ithe Frame TV on demo looked like a small TV with big bezels compared to the current super-slim bezel TVs. Even our new, mid-budget LG 49" has thinner bezels. I explained to her that the goal with the Frame series is to provide actual "art" framing to fit in with art and/or capture the aesthetic of quality framed artwork. We have custom framed artwork. She still thought the Frame was silly, and chunky looking, and if I'm buying a TV she'd rather have a slim, disappearing bezel.

So that's a long way to say: if you want this aesthetic, it's there. But if you want your electronics to good looking via minimalism, this isn't the right product.

7. stevenvictor

stevenvictor Auditioning

Steve
    I see your point. I'm not 100% sold on the design either, but I do like it for some situations, and I'm actually shopping for my in-laws, as I think they'd like it in their home.