What's new

Samsung DVD P241? Anyone have any information on this player? (1 Viewer)

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
I found out today that I might be "upgraded" to this player because one of mine isn't working but they don't carry it any more.

I can't find any informatino on it because I guess it's somewhat new. Does anyone have any experience with this specific player or Samsung players in general?

Here's a link to the Samsung site:
http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...D-P241%252fXAA

Thanks!

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy is selling them for $60 and I am actually researching to see if it would be worth it.

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Well I got one today from Sears since the Koss one I had would't play my DVD-Rs. I tried one movie and it played it all the way through with no problems what so ever. Gets my seal of approval so far.

Box doesn't list DVD+Rs as a compatible format but I always use -Rs so that's fine with me. The Best Buy I called said they coudln't keep them in stock because lots of people bought them and very few returned them.

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
And at Sears you can get a 2 year replacement warranty for like $7 which insures that if it breaks, I get a new one. And if they don't make it any more, I get a better one. heh heh.

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I am returning mine. It will not play my CD-R's. It begins playing them but after 30 sec. it pauses scans back 5 sec. and then plays the same 5 sec. over and over. Its not the cds since they were all flawless and it did the exact same thing at about the same time with every disc. So, I am taking the cash and then I am going to Circuit City to pick up the Zenith which I should of done in the first place. A much better player, with an LCD screen, and auto-play but best of all it will actually play my CD-Rs.

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't tried any CDRs... I don't use them for anything. It's played all my DVD-Rs without any problems at all so I'm happy with it.

GOod luck with your new one...

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
Its the same one my parents have and for $70 its pretty impressive. It played a disc that appeared to have been cleaned with steel wool without ever freezing. The play also feels much more heavier and sturdier than the Samsung.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I had a P231. Not worth the money in my book. It was good, but I recently upgraded to a pio 563a and there's a night and day difference. And the 563a isn't even a 'high end' model. Save a few extra bones and get something a bit better, it's amazing what the difference can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks