What's new

Samsung DVD-HD941... Good?? (1 Viewer)

Kenny-

Auditioning
I found some factory refurbished units on EBAY for $160. Overall this unit seems to get good reviews. I own a 52" JVC HD-ILA LCD projection and I want a good quality HD DVD player.

Should I try the HD941?

Also, My JVC only has 1 HDMI input. My HD Sat. Reciever already uses this input. Will I need to switch back and forth between the Sat. Reciever and DVD player or is their some sort of adaptor?

Mac F

Agent
I've had a 941 for about a week now. So far I like it. I am running it into the hdmi connector of my Toshiba Aquos set (32 in, 720p). the tv has its own built in scaler, so even if i set the dvd to 1080, the tv will correct it.

I have had a little problem with the audio for the hdmi, which I posted in another thread a few days ago. So far no advice, but we've had company and I haven't had time to experiment. for quality viewing, i run the optical into my pre-pro unit anyway, so it isn't critical for me.

I've seen ads for switchers for dvi and hdmi, to allow connection of multiple sources to the tv. If you go this route, get one that allows remote control via infra red. If you use a multifunction remote that allows learning and macros, you can switch the connections without even thinking about it. Several remotes will allow this. So far I have only one source for hdmi signal, the tv has a builtin tuner for off the air, and allows cable card, although I'll confess I haven't gotten around to either. most of my time is with dvd or even audio cd's (I know- if i spend a lot of time with music, what am I doing here?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks