Samsung DLP red screen problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Larry*McP, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Larry*McP

Larry*McP Auditioning

I have just got my HLN617W a couple of days ago. I noticed a problem and would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

When I turn on the TV, the entire screen is reddish: the supposedly black is red, the shadow areas are dotted red. I do not mean red-push that sort of thing, I mean truly red. The problem will persist (for at least many minutes) unless I change a setting, e,g. the screen aspect ratio. When I change the setting, the porblem disppears right away even I only change the setting from "wide" and immediately back to "normal".

The red screen problem will appear only when I let the TV to be off for like 10 minutes or longer. If I turn the TV off and back on in a miunute, it won't show up.

I am gonna call Samsung customer service. It seems the TV is defective. Before I do that, I thought it would help to hear comments you might have.

2. Ty P.

Ty P. Auditioning

I have the same TV and have seen none of that. I'd contact Samsung. BTW, I like the TV A LOT and I hope you get your problems resolved.

3. JesusInfluence

JesusInfluence Auditioning

Hi Larry,

My name is Ian and I am having the same issue as you have had with your screen having red areas. Please could you send me a message if you have the solution, I cannot afford a TV repair man, so I am hoping that you may have the answer and I could buy the spare part and install it myself.

Thank You.

Reagrds.

Ian