What's new

Samsung DLP Owners, Chime In Please!!! (1 Viewer)

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
After going to Sears today and seeing the Samsung 43" DLP in action, I am totally sold. The picture is absolutely amazing for the money paid.

I did notice one thing that is going to be a problem though. It's not with the sets performance, but rather the lack of space on top of the TV to put a center channel speaker!! The top bezel appears to only be like 2 inches deep and my JBL S-CenterII is more like 6-7 deep. Any suggestions here? Thanks!

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I have the 56", which has an has space up top that supports my Mirage OMC center speaker - it's about 10" deep. I was originally going to put a shelf up on the wall behind the TV to put the center on.

I was going to use the large, black version of these shelf supports and a piece of black shelf board. The problem with that, though, is that the center channel ends up being behind the TV.

Another option I was considering was to hang a shelf from the ceiling right over the TV using stainless steel wire and 4 D-ring hangers secured with long screws right into the studs in the ceiling. The idea is to have two loops, left and right, that support the shelf on which the center goes.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Put it on a stand in front of the TV, assuming you won't be blocking anything, like a rack of equipment underneath the TV. You'll get the added bonus of improved sound as well, since a speaker on top of a TV impairs the sound that's delivered.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks