What's new

Samsung DLP or Toshiba LCOS (1 Viewer)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
I have been debating whether I should go for the Samsung 50 or 56 or the Tosh LCOS that will be out soon. Is the DNie and Faroudja chip in the DLP better then the Tosh 1080p? I am going to Fry's tonight to pick up the Sammy DVI DVD player. So would it matter which TV I get? I have seen the Tosh at CES and it was nice but the Sammy is nice also. Any recommendations? I can buy now or wait either way I am happy. And it will be 1 of these 3 i am not waiting for SXRD or anything else....I have waited this long.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Kevin,

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm willing to wait a little longer. After reading as much as I could about it here, online and at the AVSForum I've finally decided (of course this could change) that I'm going to wait for a LCoS type RPTV. The 1080p capability just pushes it ahead for me. The other things like great contrast are also very appealing. The only thing not appealing is the price.

The Sony version of LCoS (SXRD) is also something I'm willing to wait for.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks