What's new

Samsung DLP Malfunction Question (1 Viewer)

Greg_Yg

Auditioning
I bought a new Samsung HLN437W a couple of months ago, and last week it started malfunctioning. After operating for 2-3 minutes, the display shuts down and all 3 LED's start blinking. If I unplug the unit and plug it back in, it will work again, for the same 2-3 minutes.
I tried changing sources and sources of power, but no difference. I also removed and re-seated the lamp, but that made no difference. I went to the Service Screen and see no settings that are off, and I did not change any of the settings. My lamp has 132 hours on it.
I called Samsumg Customer Support and they referred me to a local repair company, but they cannot come out to look at it for 3 weeks.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Samsung told me that it probably just needs a minor adjustment, but I don't like waiting 3 weeks!
Thanks,
Greg Young

Mike I.

Auditioning
The most likely reason is that the bulb might be dead. They will come over to your house and replace the bulb or the light unit. Check out avsforum.com for more info regarding the 3 blinking light issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks