samsung dlp hln567w or hln507w

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Darren Hug, May 26, 2004.

1. Darren Hug

Darren Hug Auditioning

I would like to have some input on a question concerning samsung dlp hln models. I have found a hln507w samsung at circuit city for $2500. It is a open box and has no accessories, remote or manual. Build date was May 2003. It is now May 2004. I have some concerns about buying this tv should I or is it a good deal? Should I wait for the new samsungs to come out in next month or so with the 7 color wheel and hd2+ chip in the tantus models any advice appreciated. The one at CC will come with a as new warranty for one year. Help!

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Personally, I wouldn't make that purchase. Open boxes, no accessories, etc -- you're just setting yourself up for disappointment (IMO). Wait for the new models or do some price shopping at your local dealers. Good luck.

3. John Doh

John Doh Stunt Coordinator

Wait for the new models later this summer. Several issues will be resolved with the HLP line.

4. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Don't get the open box set. That's just asking for trouble.

5. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

Prices are coming down too. Some places have started taking pre-orders and they are saying 4-5 weeks to delivery. I've heard of people getting the new 50" for 3 grand.

6. Tom_J

Tom_J Agent

BrianAe,
    I would be interested in the new 50" for 3g's. Where are they taking pre orders?