What's new

Samsung DLP (first generation) (1 Viewer)

Chris_ale

Auditioning
I bought the Samsung DLP 50" when they first came out. When watching DVD's I noticed that movies are somewhat dark. There is very little room for adjustment in the contrast which goes from 0 to 100. If i go below 85 the picture is really to dark to enjoy. Is this somewhat due to the first generation chip? Also, Does the PC mode in the menu have to be set to any specific numbers. I find that even with no PC hooked up, they are still adjustable. COuld this cause the problem to the contrast? The TV owners manual is no HELP.:frowning:

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
Try calibrating your system with AVIA home dvd setup. I had a similiar problem with my RP toshiba tv before, and after Avia I learned that contrast, brightness and a few other settins are all linked together. After spending about 2 hours with Avia, I was able to find the perfect settings and my picture quality is great.

p.s. after calibrating with avia, you might feel the urge to change your settings because it may seem a bit dark, but that's normal because movies in theatre are like that and meant to be like that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks