What's new

Samsung BD-P1500 or Sony BDP-S350: Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
I have the oppertunity to get either a Samsung BD-1500 or a Sony BDP-S350 for the same price. I have read as much as I can about these two players. I have heard some of the stories about the Samsung all in a sudden not reading discs.

Questions:

1. I will be using this with a Non-HDMI (Denon 3805) via Optical or Digital Coax Connections. Video will be connected to a 61" Samsung DLP via DVI Cable with HDMI adapter. I am currently using an OPPO Player with this setup. What signals will these two machines pass through the Optical and or Digital Coax connections ? Will they pass a 5.1 DD and 5.1 DTS signal ? I am aware that I will not get to use any of the new formats that Blu-Ray has until I get a new Receiver with HDMI.

2. Do either of these machines offer any advantages over the other ?

3. Bottom Line Which one is best, Build Quality, Picture Quality, SD Up-Conversion Quality, Sound Quality.

I would appreciate any opnions to help me make my purchase decesion.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Although I have no personal experience with either players, but based on what I have read on different forums, I would strongly suggest that you go with the Sony BDP-S350. If for no other reason, the fact that Sony is far more responsive in releasing updated firmware for their players compared to Samsung. Also I have read of far more issues that people have had with deifferent titles not playing on Samsung players compared to Sony players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks