What's new

Samsung BD-P1400 Issues (1 Viewer)

adrian2

Auditioning
Real Name
adrian
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help with this .... I just purchased a Samsung LN32B530 1080p LCD for the bedroom which I am trying to connect via HDMI to my 2-yr old Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player. The problem is that the player gets "hung-up" everytime I try to play a disc. The only way to make it work is to manually unplug the HDMI cable and refresh the source list. I never had this problem connecting this player to my older Samsung LN-T5271F LCD tv in the past. I have tried different HDMI cables with the same results, so I am certain that defective cables are not the issue. I have done some searching on the net and have found that my Blu-ray player is a Profile 1.0 device, so I'm wondering if this is the cause of the problem, and why it worked before with the older tv. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Many thanks!!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Is the TV a Profile 1.0 device? Can the firmware be upgraded on the 1400P? (I can on my 1500P) maybe try disabling HDMI CEC on the TV?

adrian2

Auditioning
Real Name
adrian
Hi, I have upgraded the BD-P1400 firmware to the latest version, makes no difference. What is HDMI CEC?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
The protocol that lets one device control the other device that is plugged into it via HDMI. If both devices are compliant one remote will control another device with no programming, my TV remote controls my Blu Ray and my Receiver. It does it via the communications protocol but all the devices have to be compatible.

I am wondering if maybe that's your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks