What's new

Samsung B8500- Bad for gaming (1 Viewer)

Holton0289

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
I noticed alot of problems the Samsung UN46B8500 has with PS3 and Xbox games. It very noticeable on all hgames. I use the samsung sound bar so I have external speakers in the setup. Newest Firmware installed (I haven't seen 1 update for this TV since Feb. Game Mode is off, it distorts it VERY bad. I have both anti motions on med. What other settings should I look for.

Holton0289

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Parts of the screen will jump, like its trying to process the picture. The corners the sides, and pretty much everywhere at any given time. Its about 1/8th the screen and multiple blocks do happen at the same time as well. The whole screen will also fuzz then get sharp everytime the camera is moved. When game mode is on it darkens the screen and the quality of the picture is cut in half. The stutter and motion blur setting dont help no matter the combo. Ive had this TV for several months now and tried every setting but it just cant handle games like LCD tv can. I dont know if its the full backlit led tv or all led tvs.

Holton0289

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
but for movies or TV its great. The motion blur is something ive grown to live with. I had a UN40B7071 (or something like that) had the motion flow 120 but it diddnt solve the problem, even the 240hz stutters on fast action movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks